The season of hot chocolate and twinkle lights is upon us, and the Lady Brains are here to help with all your gifting needs. Whether you have a sister who dreams of London or a friend who craves inspiration, our gift lists will point you in the right direction. Happy gifting!
Gift List for Anglophiles
1. A spot of tea for your wall from the Rifle Paper Co.
2. Take in the London highlights from the comfort of your couch with this city print by Carolyn Gavin.
3. Keep your feet cozy with the queen’s best friends in these corgi slippers.
4. For the Jane Austen fan who realizes Persuasion is an unrecognized masterpiece, a beautiful edition with illustrations by Charles Brock.
5. Imagine you’re walking through a London drizzle beside Big Ben when you’re taking shelter under this umbrella.
6. The early morning safety reminder we all need: Mind the gap.
7. What better place to rest your head than these Union Jack pillows?
8. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love this Mr. Darcy keychain.
9. For someone who’s been *really* good this year, a chance to visit the Grantham’s stomping grounds in this 7-day Downton Abbey themed vacation.
10. Share your love of literature and London with a Little Red British Telephone Booth Library.
Gift List for Whovians
1. I Can’t Remember Tote Bag to keep track of all the times you saw the thing you weren’t supposed to see.
2. Officially licensed Bow Tie, because bow ties are cool.
3. Wool Felt Fez Hat, for those times when the bow tie just isn’t enough of a statement.
4. The TARDIS scented candle, made of soy so it’s time-and-space friendly, while also reminding you to RUN.
5. Abbey Road Daleks: Why did the Dalek cross the road? To EXTERMINATE! on the other side.
6. Weeping Angel Nightlight. This won’t help you get to sleep. Don’t blink.
7. Crack in the Wall Rubber Stamp – for use when you need a raggedy man to show up on your doorstep.
8. Church at Auvers Pencil Holder to hold the future Van Gogh’s sketch pens, pastels, and pencils.
9. Shredding Leggings – Rock out on your guitar. Tank sold separately.
Gift List for Inspiration Seekers
1. Free 2 Fly was founded to serve unemployed women who are wanting a new path in life that will lead to long-time success and sustainability in the workforce. There are a ton of beautiful items that this organization promotes, but this clutch is at the top of my list.
2. Check out these adorable and hilarious paper products with Sugarboo, a dealer in whimsy. I need some inspiring whimsy this Christmas!
3. The Giving Keys employees those transitioning out of homeless. Embrace your word, then pay it forward to a person you feel needs the message more than you.
4. To Write Love On Her Arms in a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. This calendar is designed to uplift and inspire through its design.
5. This sign is created by the lovely lady from House of Belonging who sells both on Etsy and in her newly-opened store in Franklin. Love!
6. Flora & Peg have some neat-o items, including ordering your personalized family pegs. Seriously, how fun is that?
7. All Thistle Farms products serve to empower a powerful community of women who have survived prostitution, trafficking, and addiction. This Tea Kit is perfect for the tea lovers in your life.
8. People who use their humor and creativity inspire me, and there’s no one better at making me laugh than the one and only Carol Burnett!
9. FashionABLE sells products made by women who have overcome struggles. This Mamuye Tote is hand crafted in Ethiopia and is simply gorgeous.
10. The Living Brave Semester is a unique, online learning experience that provides participants with the opportunity to explore what it means to fully show up in our lives.
Gift List for Book Lovers
It’s time to RWD this holiday season. Read. Watch. Discuss. For all of the bibliophiles in your life, it’s time gift them with a classic or help them discover new favorites. For the movie lovers, tempt them with the book of their favorite cinematic delight. Or pair them together to start a discussion; Is the book always better than the movie?
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs by Judi Barrett
Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg
The Witches by Roald Dahl
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
War Horse by Michael Murpurgo
If I stay by Gale Forman
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Half of a yellow sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
Children of Men by P.D. James
All of these wonderful books can be purchased at your local independent bookstore.
Gift List for Theatre Nerds
3. I think we can all agree that if Broadway had a King, it would be Stephen Sondheim. Every die-hard theater fan needs his book, “Finishing the Hat” which features lyrics to his shows (through 1981) as well as personal reflections and anecdotes.
4. Support local theater! Most cities have professional theater companies with amazing seasons. Suss out your local theater company, and grab season tickets. You can not only have a built-in date night, but you’ll also be supporting your community! Based in Columbus, Ohio? Check out Catco. Are you in Chicago? Definitely the Goodman. Not sure where to start? Just google your city and the word “theater,” and see what pops up!
5. Heading to NYC and want to get discount tickets to Broadway shows? The TKTS booth is in the heart of Times Square and features day-of discount tickets to plays and musicals both on and off Broadway. Grab a gift certificate to the TKTS booth, and see what you can find on the boards!
6. Help your theater lover decorate their walls with official show cards (small posters) of their favorite show. Check out the posters offered at playbill.com, and don’t forget to grab a frame for the perfect display!
7. This Broadway season, all roads lead to the brilliant HAMILTON. Get the soundtrack so your theater lover can get lost in Lin-Manuel Miranda’s stunning word play and historically accurate hip-hop musical!
BONUS: Get Sondheim’s second book, “Look I Made a Hat” which covers the shows post-1981!
8. Although there is nothing as thrilling as live theater, there is something so special about seeing shows you would never be able to watch otherwise. BILLY ELLIOT just celebrated 10 years on the West End and filmed the live stage production in London last year. Winner of 10 Tony awards, the musical is based upon the movie of the same name and features the music of Elton John. It’s also gritty, beautifully danced, moving and brilliant!
9. Does your theater lover have a million playbills they want to keep in mint condition? Playbill.com, an amazing theater website, features a store which has a Universal Playbill Binder. Keep those playbills perfect and your theater lover happy.
10. Digital Theatre works in partnership with Britain’s leading theatre companies to capture live performance authentically onscreen. Grab a gift certificate for your theater lover to download amazing productions, and watch them from the comfort of home.